09 Jun 2013
By budyll_
Playstation Staff

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 PSN only 1.01?!

9 Replies 786 Views Created 10-06-2013
I recently bought Tekken Tag Torunament 2 from PSN and I have major issue: the game downloads only patch version 1.01 and that's it.
I can confirm that the newest version of the game is 1.04 because my friend have the retail version for PS3 and it's 1.04, also there's much info on this (and patches 1.02 & 1.03) on the net.

Why after I downloaded the game it only prompted that the patch 1.01 is available and after I downloaded it, the game just started no prompt of any other :/.
It's a very annoying issue because those patches offered some major bug fixes as well as bunch of free DLC characters and stages.

I even went so far already as to downloading this game again from PSN (it's 18GB big and with the slow servers that you got wasn't an easy task), but it still prompted only that patch 1.01 is available. None other :/.

Can anyone from Sony look into this particular, very annoying issue :smileyhappy:?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (786 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 PSN only 1.01?!

Quite often download versus disk games have different patch revision versions. Tekken's digital version most likely include's all the update's at 1.01, this often happens when the digital version releases after the disk version or the files updated on the store.

Red Dead Redemption is a fine example of this digital version is 1.01 and disk version is 1.07. 

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (757 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If it includes all of the updates at version 1.01, then why I don't have bug fixes and DLC characters and stages that came to free with patch 1.04 :x?!

I paid for the full game on PSN yet I'm unable to patch it to the same version as my friend can on his retail one?!

DLC included 3 new characters (Ancient Ogre, Slim Bob & Dr. Boskonovitch) and a bunch of new stages (like Saudi Arabia and Poland), all free of charge along with the patch 1.04. I don't have those DLC additions in my game so it's clearly not including the patches other than 1.01 that my game's downloading.

Why when I bought this full, original version of the game from PSN (with only difference between this and retail one is, that it isn't boxed) I don't get the full benefits of all of the game fixes that were released and are available for the latter?

I can't understand it and I'm therefore awaiting full answer from one of the Sony employees, because this situation is beyond my imagination :x.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (741 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

budyll_ wrote:
If it includes all of the updates at version 1.01, then why I don't have bug fixes and DLC characters and stages that came to free with patch 1.04 :x?!

I paid for the full game on PSN yet I'm unable to patch it to the same version as my friend can on his retail one?!

DLC included 3 new characters (Ancient Ogre, Slim Bob & Dr. Boskonovitch) and a bunch of new stages (like Saudi Arabia and Poland), all free of charge along with the patch 1.04. I don't have those DLC additions in my game so it's clearly not including the patches other than 1.01 that my game's downloading.

Why when I bought this full, original version of the game from PSN (with only difference between this and retail one is, that it isn't boxed) I don't get the full benefits of all of the game fixes that were released and are available for the latter?

I can't understand it and I'm therefore awaiting full answer from one of the Sony employees, because this situation is beyond my imagination :x.

In my opinion this is the reason why it's best to stick with retail versions at least till next generation. Developers have to pay a fee when submitting a patch for QA testing, maybe in some cases they get charged twice for a digital and disk version if there's differences. 

Red Dead Redemption has a lasso bug that was addressed in the retail version but not in the digital version. Some games have other differences to retail versions, Motorstorm Apocalypse's digital version for example doesn't include cutscene's but the retail version does. I guess some publishers don't have the resources or can't be bothered to address none game breaking issues in two versions. 

At the moment disk is the main source of game media, digital game distribution is still in it's infancy so some developers for now unfortunately are looking after the masses not the minority.  

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (732 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Utter crap!

Sony I paid full price for this game and I'm expecting it to be in the same condition as the boxed version, because they cost the same amount of money.

I'm still awaiting an answer from one of Sony employees.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (728 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Err... You might have an issue there, because on my Digital Version, the characters were unlocked. In fact, although I have the patches from the physical release, the game downloaded 1.01 and created a new savefile (mine was on the cloud, not on the HDD). The message appeared, Unknown was there, everything was okay. All stages, all.

And it's not Sony who must patch this. You should ask Namco Bandai itself, they must submit a different patch for the digital version.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (726 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

budyll_ wrote:
Utter crap!

Sony I paid full price for this game and I'm expecting it to be in the same condition as the boxed version, because they cost the same amount of money.

I'm still awaiting an answer from one of Sony employees.

As the post above you need to vent anger or forward enquiries to the game developer/publisher Namco. Sony have nothing to do with the Tekken franchise, if there was a problem with a first party game like Uncharted or LBP then complain to Sony by all means.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (722 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sorry, but this game was bought through Sony's online store platform and therefore I can demand the same kind of explanation from Namco as well as Sony.

And to Nightmare966, you just admitted that you already had the patch 1.04 downloaded and installed onto your PS3 when you got the game from PSN most certainly because you owned retail version before). So I don't see the point as to why you even bother to write this :/.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (707 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Well the only way you'll get any official response is phone or email Sony, I can guarantee they will tell you to get in touch with Namco their game, their coding, their servers and their responsibility for patches and updates. If Namco admit liability and there's a game breaking issue and it's not fit for purpose you'd then persue a refund from Sony. 

All Sony do is host developers content via the store then take a % of the sales. Say I buy a Samsung tv from Argos and it breaks down both manfacturer and store will cover it for 12 months, now if the said tv burns down the house because of a catastrophic fault it'll be Samsung i'll be chasing not Argos for compensation.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (704 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

If the game downloads a 1.01 patch, it's not using the Retail patch -- otherwise it'd just recognise it. Thus it's certainly not a problem of the patch itself.

And just as a note, the characters and stages, are NOT unlocked via patch. They're unlocked upon connecting to Namco's servers. I remember that on Day 1 of these releases, some people had to go out and enter again. Let me check something on another board.

EDIT: ARRGH! I can't find the posts I was referring too. It's been 9 months approx. But yes, that should be unlocked via server. I'm taking you're playing under the same account where you purchased your content. Try contacting Namco about this if re-entering the game/going online doesn't solve this.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (702 Views)
0 Kudos