PSN Support

PSN Support

11 Jun 2013
By: Deehan1888

3 Posts

Question about PS+ on PS4 with multiple accounts

3 Replies 733 Views Created 11-06-2013

Hi

I have a question about how PS+ will work on PS4 with multiple PSN accounts. 

On my PS3 I have 2 accounts, UK & US. I live in the UK so my PS+ subscription comes off my UK account as do all of my purchases. However, I use my US account as my main account where I have collected all of my trophies etc. It is a stupid set up I know but I did it when the PS3 first came out & didn't think anything of it at the time.

Now that online play on the PS4 requires a PS+ subscription, will I need to have a subscription for my US account or will my UK subscription allow all user accounts on my PS4 to play online?

If not will there be a way to migrate my US account to the UK so I can still use it as my main account & have access to online play as I don't want to lose my trophy collection by switching back to my UK account which is only used for purchases. 

I can play all of my downloaded games from my UK account on my US account so I was wondering if it will work the same on PS4 with online play.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (733 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Question about PS+ on PS4 with multiple accounts

I don't actually think the people on the forum know yet. In fact, I don't even think the PR department knows for now. With a bit of luck in the coming days we'll know more about the new system.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (698 Views)
0 Kudos

I was hoping maybe a PSN technical team might have been able to answer. Hopefully we get some news on this soon. If I can't I'm going to have to find a way to buy a US subscription! I'm not giving up my trophy collection lol!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (692 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

You'll probably have to purchase a PS+ subscription from both regions to access online multiplayer on both accounts with different regions, but as for transferring PS+ subscriptions or changing the country on your account, no you can't.

If you have any more questions about PS4, please post them here - http://www.community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-General-Discussion/bd-p/bEN_PS4GD

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (683 Views)
0 Kudos