16 Oct 2012
By: RabidWalker Beta Tester 3,743 Posts
Level 6

PayPal can now be used to add funds to your PlayStation Wallet

58 Replies 63,368 Views Created 16-10-2012

It is now possible to add funds to your PlayStation Wallet using PayPal on the Sony Entertainment Network Website.

1) Sign into your PSN account on the Website to get the the main page:

Paypal 1.jpg

2) Click on the Account tab at the top of the page:

PayPal 2.jpg

3) On the left hand side of the page click on the Wallet option:

Paypal 3.jpg

4) You can now see on the right of the page is the option to fund via PayPal:

Paypal 4.jpg

5) You can choose the amount you would like to then fund to the wallet:

Paypal5.jpg

6) After this you will be directed to the PayPal website to sign in and confirm the payment into your wallet.

For further information there is also a guide available here.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 59 (63,368 Views)
Level 11

Re: PayPal can now be used to add funds to your PlayStation Wallet

That's awesome news i have been using an instant online code site for a while with PayPal. 

Glad it's finally available directly via Sony themselves great job. :Thumbs:

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 59 (63,360 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

That are awesome news!

Now I can't miss any DLC anymore! :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks Playstation/Sony!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 59 (63,228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

The FAQs both suggest it can only be done via the website, and only for one-off top-ups, as opposed to registering it on the account and automatically drawing funds when required, like a registered card would. It looks very much like a token effort at this point, will access via PS3/PSP/Vita be added in future, and will automatic funding be available ?

I personally will stick with having buying cards, as they are the best value option, due to retailers competing on price, with a card registered just in case (PS Plus etc.), but i can understand why some might not have/like these options.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 59 (63,113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

[ Edited ]

englishpunk wrote:

The FAQs both suggest it can only be done via the website, and only for one-off top-ups, as opposed to registering it on the account and automatically drawing funds when required, like a registered card would. It looks very much like a token effort at this point, will access via PS3/PSP/Vita be added in future, and will automatic funding be available ?

I personally will stick with having buying cards, as they are the best value option, due to retailers competing on price, with a card registered just in case (PS Plus etc.), but i can understand why some might not have/like these options.

Pay pal has never allowed me to top up anything automaticly, it always asks for verification details every time.

This is why people asume its safer as you need to verfiy the payments each and every time.

That will not work for systems that can't link to other web sites system from with in there closed apps.

Just like PSN does not allow verisign on Mastercards or Visa payments, which also would force verification each time via the verisign portals to ether card provider system. 

Verisign is now fast becoming a requirement from banks for online transactions. how long SCE can go with out the secondary verification systems as well will be good to see.  

The new PSN store is built on HTML5 veiwer app. So they could adapt it to allow Web site access... to selected pay systems. 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 59 (62,979 Views)
0 Kudos

I'm not getting a paypal option, only prepaid card and credit card, I'm just wondering will this available everywhere?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 59 (62,167 Views)
0 Kudos

DarcRayne, it should only be available for EU PSN accounts for now. Hopefully, they'll add it for US users soon.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 59 (62,120 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

PayPal option is NOT working.

It goes to the PayPal website and I make the payment but it does NOT show up in my PSN Wallet.

I got the message from PayPal in my email that:

You have an order in the amount of £ 15.00 on Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited
Please note: The amount is only deducted from your PayPal account if the payment system in the merchant was booked.

You may receive multiple confirmation emails that you put on the status of your order accordingly.

The money will only be debited from your PayPal account if the payment system in the merchant was booked. Your PayPal account balance is always used for this priority over other payment sources such as bank account or credit card.

All details about this payment, see your PayPal account overview.

It's been hours and I see no transfer of funds taking place.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 59 (61,531 Views)
0 Kudos

Yeah, I'm waiting too. How long does the paypal method take to pop up your wallet?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 59 (61,478 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

I don't  have that option, what i have to do?

Is this only fou EU?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 59 (61,383 Views)
0 Kudos