30 Jan 2010

Playstation Staff

psn account lost

11 Replies 4,923 Views Created 30-01-2010

i had to restore my ps3 to default settings, in order for it to not screw up. when i went to recover my account "CantTouchChris" who had used for all my games and had progressed with, it the ps3 was telling me i typed my account sign in id and password incorrectly. so, i typed them in again, checking they were correct and still the message came up. it looks as if the psn network has reset my sign in details. surely, this is retarded. is there any way of recovering account? if not i am royally *****. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (4,923 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: psn account lost

# Log out of the PLAYSTATION® Network.

# Try to log back in using the "Sign-In" button located underneath the Friends section on the XMB.

# Scroll down and click, "Forgot your password?"

# A new screen should open and enter the date of birth you used to sign up for the PLAYSTATION® Network.

# Once that is complete, you will be prompted to enter the answer to your security question you picked during registration for the PLAYSTATION® Network. This answer is CAPS specific so if your answer is actually "PlayStation" and you enter "playstation" it will not work. Also, make sure that when you enter the answer an extra space is not added to the answer.

# After this, you should be able to enter a new password and log back on. Make sure you write down your password this time so you don't have to do it again! :]

symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (4,918 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i know my password and email address for the account, although it seems as if they have changed : / Thanks, ill try that anyway :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (4,891 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i have tried your suggested methods Symonator, however apparently my sign in ID is invalid. after restoring your ps3, is there a default it changes to to? as i have not changed it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (4,889 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

try using that email/pass to log into these forums...? see if that works? Otherwise all i can suggest is to call customer support and ask them to help you out.
symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (4,881 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hello, ok im replying cos my friend doesnt have an email and their psn account says they need to go in their email to change password after psn hack so.. is their any way to recover it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (3,627 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

TSX-TOSHC-iXi wrote:

hello, ok im replying cos my friend doesnt have an email and their psn account says they need to go in their email to change password after psn hack so.. is their any way to recover it?

erm.....he needed an email account to MAKE his PSN account so that makes zero sense

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (3,615 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hello PLEASE HELP 

I recently got the new game UNCHARTED 3, i have a PSN account named '' Nathandrake4u "  MY console was formatted to factory settings, and i do not remember the sign in email address.. i've also redeemed the online code for uncharted 3 mp. i need this online id back..

is there anyway i can sign in using the online id ? can i know the email address by using my online id please help.. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (3,148 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Just checking if this is my online id
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (1,685 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

clarissa12345 wrote:
Just checking if this is my online id

If you'd looked in the top right of the site then it'd show you. 

If it's not then that's slightly concerning...

Also, nice job on the thread necromancy! :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (1,674 Views)
0 Kudos