27 Feb 2014
By: LawrencevanRijn

4 Posts

PS4 keeps ejecting discs

2 Replies 228 Views Created 27-02-2014
Tried powerdown (including removing powercord) rebooting does not help. My system is on version 1.61, as per feb 20th. Last gaming day feb 25th. Found disc on ground next day, but did not think anything of it at the time. Now no disc can be inserted. Also tried playing a downloaded game (hopng that this might reset something).
So far no luck
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: PS4 keeps ejecting discs

Reinstalling the latest firmware from the Safe Mode menu fixes the eject problem.

Download the firmware on to a USB stick using this guide:

http://uk.playstation.com/systemsoftwareversion/

Then boot it in to Safe Mode by:

Starting the PS4 in Safe Mode
Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

Then choose Update System Software.

Hopefully, that will fix it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: PS4 keeps ejecting discs

I've had the same problem since January, done all that safe mode stuff and it's a temporary fix, as the same thing happened again last night. Called up Sony and they have told me to send it to them for repair / replacement. Call them and they will fix/replace it. Seems like this is the PS4 RROD, big problem and it's becoming more common.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)
0 Kudos