07 Dec 2013
Playstation Staff

PS4 Errors NW-31448-0 and CE-33992-6. Can't log into PSN now?!

27 Replies 18,015 Views Created 07-12-2013

Hey everyone!

So I got my PS4 on Thursday, and everything was fine, I set it up, played my games, went online, downloaded stuff, could log into PSN absolutely fine, no problems at all! I played for over 12 hours nonstop, it was great!

Yesterday I went on for a few hours after work, and again, it was fine...

However, today, when I try logging into PSN, and only on my PS4, I get either of these two errors:

NW-31448-0

CE-33992-6

I can use the web browser, I can use Netflix, but I can't play any of my games online, or sign into PSN... I can't even check my trophies (It freezes at 61% while synching, no matter how long I leave it) or see my avatar! (It shows the default grey smiley box face)

The weird thing is, I can log into PSN fine on my PS3 and Vita, they're working fine... and none of my friends are having this problem, I've been round to my friends house and he connected to PSN within seconds on his PS4 and was playing Battlefield 4 with no problems at all...

It's REALLY annoying, and it's worse that I can't find any answers anywhere on the net, and even on the list of known error messages, neither of these two appear, so that's no use either.

What's going on?!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (18,015 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 Errors NW-31448-0 and CE-33992-6. Can't log into PSN now?!

PS4 set as primary console?

Is it a full account or a sub account?

Attempted to remove your PSN data from the PS4 and re setup a profile?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (18,003 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yes it's my primary console, it's also a full account, and no I've not attempted to do that with my PSN data, not sure how to, or if I'll lose anything...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (17,997 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Bristow9091 wrote:
Yes it's my primary console, it's also a full account, and no I've not attempted to do that with my PSN data, not sure how to, or if I'll lose anything...

As a test attempt to create a new profile for the PS4, use your PSN details for the new one and see if that works without the issues, if so your problem is something to do with when the profile was setup.

edit - Failing that this sounds similar to another issue relating to "unable to communicate with server within time limit" it ended up being the connection to PSN from the PS4 was awful so authentication could not go through, go to settings - netowrk and run a connection test, if your download / upload is terrible (we're talking kbps here) then that is most likely your problem

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (17,994 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It doesn't get that far in the connection test... literally a second after doing a test, I get a success on gaining IP and internet connection, but then it waits for like, over a minute, then says failed beside the playstation network option... and when I press circle to cancel the error message off, it closes the internet test, although when it did work for me on Thursday and Friday, my download was 24mb and upload was about 8mb... my connection to the internet using the PS4 is fine, it's connecting to PSN that's the issue, but only with my PS4, and it's only started today... I've literally just tried my PS3, Vita and PS4 one straight after the other, the PS3 and Vita connected to PSN within seconds, whereas the PS4 waited over a minute, then threw me the NW-31448-0 error...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (17,983 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Bristow9091 wrote:
It doesn't get that far in the connection test... literally a second after doing a test, I get a success on gaining IP and internet connection, but then it waits for like, over a minute, then says failed beside the playstation network option... and when I press circle to cancel the error message off, it closes the internet test, although when it did work for me on Thursday and Friday, my download was 24mb and upload was about 8mb... my connection to the internet using the PS4 is fine, it's connecting to PSN that's the issue, but only with my PS4, and it's only started today... I've literally just tried my PS3, Vita and PS4 one straight after the other, the PS3 and Vita connected to PSN within seconds, whereas the PS4 waited over a minute, then threw me the NW-31448-0 error...

Odd,you could try to reinitilize the console, but you'll lose everything on it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (17,978 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Does anyone else have any info on this? I'd really like to play online...
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (17,939 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem, if i don´t start any game, i can use psn store for example, but when i try to play any game, the ps4 lose the connection to psn, and i can not connect to nothing. After lose the connection to psn if you discconect LAN cable and reconnect, PSN goes back, however, 2 minutes later the connection goes down...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (17,911 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Probably a stupid question, if it only DC's when you start a game, are you subscribed to plus? Just wondering if it is a glitchy PS+ check which is kicking your PSN offline.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (17,880 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So I love the new feature that I can press my PS button and come out of the game to do whatever I want then resume the game exactly where I left it but now whenever I do, When I come back into the game I can't select anything, its like my controller is turned off. The only button I can press is the PS button again and I have to close the application then start it again, so when I start a game I can't press the PS button to do anything otherwise I can't resume it, it just freezes it!!  Anyone else have this problem?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (17,857 Views)
0 Kudos