10 Dec 2013
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

NW31485-1 - Error Cannot connect to the Internet

12 Replies 3,424 Views Created 10-12-2013

Has anyone had the NW-31485-1 error.

I managed to setup the PS4 and downgraded the v1.51 update using the connection on the PS4

When I tried to connect to the PSN network it won't connect. Does not even get to the login boxes screen.

My router has been setup with static IP address in DMZ when testing network settings it works OK and says successful. NAT is returned as Type 2 so it should connect.

I can even try to do software update which informs me the system is upto-date. The Support pages load OK so I believe the system is connected to the Internet.

But when trying to connect to PSN if returns the error message (NW-31485-1) cannot connect to the Internet. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (3,424 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: NW31485-1 - Error Cannot connect to the Internet

Try downloading the update to a USB drive.

Then update the PS4 and see if you can connect.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (3,395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The PS4 already has the latest 1.51 update.

The odd thing is I managed to download it throught the PS4 and install it with no problems.

All Network tests and settings are successfull. Yet I have never been able to get close to logging onto the PSN network.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (3,378 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

mine is exactly the same. So frustrating!! have you managed to yours working yet?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (3,337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No I still have the same issue.

I am going to through my router settings later to ensure I haven't missed anything.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (3,331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Went through all of the router settings on a Vigor2600V series below

static IP address (Fails on DHCP as well as static IP)

IP address added in the DMZ

uPnp enabled - Enabled Connection control Service and Enabled Connection Status Service

Re initialized the PS4. Updated PS4 to version 1.52 which I downloaded through the PS4 and installed with no problems.

Went to test the Internet settings resulting in IP address: Successful and Internet: successful.

I can access the Internet on a PS3, Xbox 360 and multiple PC's throught the same settings on the router with no problem.

PS4 allows me to download updated access the Support pagesint settings menu (internet based)

Tried to logon to the PSN network and it sits and loads for 5 mins and at the end of it comes up with the NW-31485-1 error cannot connect to the internet.

can anyone can help with this problem?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (3,301 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Just got my ps4 today. Was playing battlefield online fine. Has a break went to play fifa and now I can't get into psn. I have internet connection and ps recognises this but fails to load up psn jus get please wait .... Followed by error nw- 3148 ect . ***** please help
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (3,276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have still had no luck with this issue.

I am trying to email Sony for support about the issue. But after 2 days with no reply I am thinking of returning it and getting an Xbox one it might be less hassel.

I have reset router now more times than I can remember but still cannot connect to PSN. I can an have downloaded all updates through the PS4 but PSN fails when I try to connect.

Can anyone help narrow down the issue?

Do people think its the PS4 or my router which is over 10 years old but works with PS3 and xbox 360?

Or should I try to replace the PS4?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (3,212 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Bigfootedpj - Are you having problems with a wired or wireless connection to your Vigor router?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (3,198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I am using a wired connection to the router.  I thought it would be better connection.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (3,189 Views)
0 Kudos