12 Jan 2013
By: mits_1404

1 Posts

lost data

9 Replies 150 Views Created 12-01-2013

i ve lost all my data to gt5 when the ps3 closed by mistake...i cant find it now..please help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (150 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: lost data

Then it's gone I'm afraid. Data cannot be recovered once corrupted or deleted.

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

mits_1404 wrote:

i ve lost all my data to gt5 when the ps3 closed by mistake...i cant find it now..please help

I'm afraid you've lost your data. Remember to save before you power off in future :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hi. My playstation 3 recently formatted itself. It did it again whilst I was playing Hitman. It froze and I had to format. Twice now it has happend. I'm worried it will do this again in the near future. I contacted Sony and I was given a choice to get a refurbished one or waitg it out. Could anyone say as to why it has done this twice? I had a 40GB for 4 years and lost everything I transfered over. The new 320GB slim did this 6 months in. I tried taking it back to HMV but it does turn on and work sadly, but has formatted my stuff twice now. Has anyone else had this before? It's working now etc but I am fearing it doing this a thrid time. Any help is welcome. Thanks :smileyvery-happy:.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

The PS3 shouldn't be able to format itself without your consent. Also, it should only ever need to do this if it's been badly mistreated (eg powered off at the wall, disks removed during installs etc). If you're worried I'd take the refurb.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (122 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

I have never once treated it badly i'm in love with it lol. I'll say that it froze on the playstation may be courrpt screen and I held the power button and nothing. I waited 5 hours for it to do anything and nothing. I had to unplug it. But since then it has formatted twice. But the 2nd time I was playing Hitman and it froze again. Then it said the same old message then came up with the hard drive is courrpt again. I still have 6 months left to see if it formats again. But I have to format it as if I press no it won't let me do anything it pretty much becomes an old man still breathing but the brain in my case HDD being courrpt :smileysad:. EDIT.... I know unplugging it is unholy to. But as I have said it really was the ONLY option I had. I was so annoyed but I couldn't help it :smileysad:.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (117 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

What's the exact message which appears on the screen?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

You know if it frezes it say's the HDD might be courrpt etc it will need to check might take 4 hours. That one but if I do it it then says the HDD is courrpt and I have no choice but to lose everything again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (108 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

That shouldn't delete anything. It finds corrupted System Files, repairs them and should reboot the PS3 as if nothing ever happened.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

It did for me though. Got to about 50% and then the dreaded format message doomed my eye's again. After the first time I came to terms with it. But after downloading about over 600 items again and installing patches etc. Espically BF3 >_<. It did it again. Just enjoying Hitman then bam. I would go for the refurb but i've heard that they are prone to having major proplems and a lot of them lead to YLOD. So i'd rather wait it out to see if it formats again. Just soooo annoying having to re download everything. My old 40GB Fat never once caused me grief lol. I seem to be the only guy experincing this to as I have looked up everywhere about it formatting multiple times and have found nothing. Sigh.... I explained the fault to HMV and they just wouldn't admit there was a proplem. As it does turn on etc but then what's the point because sooner or later I have no doubt it will proced to lose EVERYTHING again. Even the guy at Sony was stumped lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (99 Views)
0 Kudos