Reply
20 Feb 2013
By: IWILLEATURMOM

Member

2 Posts
Member
Offline
Accepted Solution

PS Vita black screen

8 Replies 737 Views Created 20-02-2013

My PS vita became black will playing a game. I tried all the resets but they don't appear for me. The strange thing is my sound and touch screen still work even though i can not see what im doing. So really its just that I

can not see anything. Oh and there was at on point a very small green line in the bottom left corner of my screen. Please if anyone could shed any light on this.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (737 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 13
 

Re: PS Vita black screen

Sounds like your screen has broken. If you've had it less than a year you can call Customer Support and Sony can replace the console for free
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (718 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Member
 

Re: PS Vita black screen

Oh good i have only had it for a few month, but did need a warrenity for this replacement?

 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (697 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 6
 

Re: PS Vita black screen


IWILLEATURMOM wrote:

Oh good i have only had it for a few month, but did need a warrenity for this replacement?

 


You have a 12 month manufacturers warranty on the console provided it is purchased as new, and the damage isn't accidental.

 

The contact details for PlayStation Support can be found here.

 

Rabid

 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (678 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 13
 

Re: PS Vita black screen

When you say "Damage isn't accidental", I take it you don't mean "I purposefully threw it at the wall to break it"? Warranty just covers general hardware faults, doesn't it?

(Serious question)
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (620 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 6
 

Re: PS Vita black screen


strangeplaice wrote:
When you say "Damage isn't accidental", I take it you don't mean "I purposefully threw it at the wall to break it"? Warranty just covers general hardware faults, doesn't it?

(Serious question)

You are covered under the manufacturers warranty if the issue with the product's issue is not a result of an external force or user error. Therefore if it stopped reading discs for instance, this would be covered if under 12 months.

 

If it stopped reading discs because it was dropped by the owner or an external trauma caused the issue- this would be considered accidental damage and would not be covered.

 

The only was this would be covered is if a seperate insurance policy was taken out for accidental damage cover.

 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (618 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 13
 

Re: PS Vita black screen

Okay :smileyhappy: thanks clearing that up for me :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (615 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Member
 

Re: PS Vita black screen

hi, im having the same sort of issue, i got a launch vita and i went to turn it on the other day and it said i needed to update my system, so went through the usual procedure and it got to about 98% came up with some error codev(cant remember what it was sorry!) and then it turned my system off automatically. now whenever i turn my vita on the ps button will do its usual thing but my screen i will see the backlight flick on but no image will appear, i can get into the reset options and tried them all but it all ends the same, nothing on the screen once it resets. any and all help would be much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (541 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 6
 

Re: PS Vita black screen


KA-WIN wrote:

hi, im having the same sort of issue, i got a launch vita and i went to turn it on the other day and it said i needed to update my system, so went through the usual procedure and it got to about 98% came up with some error codev(cant remember what it was sorry!) and then it turned my system off automatically. now whenever i turn my vita on the ps button will do its usual thing but my screen i will see the backlight flick on but no image will appear, i can get into the reset options and tried them all but it all ends the same, nothing on the screen once it resets. any and all help would be much appreciated.


Hi KA-Win,

 

This sounds like a fault has developed on your PS Vita here in regards to the screen. I would certainly give PlayStation Support a call and see if they can help you at all.

 

Rabid

 

 

 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (519 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos