Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Can PSVita play games from other regions?

[ Edited ]

Hi JayManGamer,

To confirm; this is partially correct.

So Australia and New Zealand do fall under the EU region thus we use BLES, BCES for disc id's.

However, there are multiple games that still have different disc ids available; which is a different version of the game; thus will have different DLC.

What I am trying to state here is: If you do buy games from UK there is no guarantee that they will work on an Australian or New Zealand account as they may have different entitlements / vouchers for their versions of the game.  This is why customers can and have used redemption codes, due to the fact that the game released with the same disc id and same voucher codes within our regions.

If you are wanting to purchase out of region games, the best thing I could possibly suggest, is to post a thread asking other community members if they have imported the particular version of the game and if they were successful using those voucher codes from that region.

Hope this helps!

Nomembrane

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 38 (3,060 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the quick reply! :smileyhappy:

Is this disc id on PS Vita games also? I was more specifically wondering about the games "Everybodys Golf" and "ModNation Racers Road Trip" on PS Vita (I don't currently own a PS3 so I won't be getting any PS3 games right now).

If the answer is still the same then I'll take your advice on posting a thread asking community members about the two games.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 38 (3,053 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Ah sorry about that JayManGamer, should have been more clear there.

The PS Vita does use a ID system, rather than disc id, it would be cart id.  The PS Vita system is indeed like the PS3 system where you can play region free games; but come across the same restrictions through DLC / redemption codes.

For the two games you have provided, unfortunately I am unable to say for certain if these games would be compatible with the Australian / New Zealand region.

Nomembrane

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 38 (3,048 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

No problem! You have been very helpful, I've learned a bit more so thank you.

I'll try post a new thread now and see if anyone else has had success with any of the two games.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 38 (3,043 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have a question..

I'm from Portugal.

Is it possible like ps3 to buy a game on US PSN store then play on my Portuguese account?

Please answer, I heard it might work using 2 different memor carts, but, is it true?

big_jonny
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 38 (2,698 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hi

i cuurently have a ps vita link to a psn asia account. i wanted to download the psvita for monster hunter from uk psn and transfer to my ps vita and play it. is it possible?

Thank for your much needed advise.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 38 (1,950 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hi lawwongcc,

If you want to make a purchase from the UK PSN Store, then you will need a UK account.

Since the PS Vita allows only one user to be logged in at a time, you won't be able to use the game on your Asian account.

Furthermore, you will have to fully restore the system and then sign in with a UK account.

You will also need a UK credit card to make purchases on the account.

I would personally advise waiting for the game to show up in your region.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 38 (1,942 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hello... i am confused about the new released ffx/x2 hd remastered because the region says ALL, what is the meaning region ALL? and can i download the dlc pack even if my ps accunt is region 3? please help and thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 38 (1,546 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have a european vita and ps3. I only bought 1 game in the US for ps3 back in 2008, when I was still into guitar hero (world tour). The Gamestop employee ensured me that there had been no reports of games being unable to play. This is true.

But, I could not buy any DLC through my EU account. That's why I have a seperate account for the US.

Later on, my girlfriend had the european version of GHWT, I popped it in my PS3, and I could not use my save data from my US copy.

Now the vita is a different story. I found an article about a man who bought a japanese vita at release and found out he could not use his PSN bought PSP titles.The article can be found here. This doesn't say anything about physical vita game cartridges however. I haven't been able to test this out myself.

My advice is, if you are traveling to a different region, ask a store clerk if you can test if the game works on your vita before purchasing it, explaining to the clerk that you come from (your region here).

Better to be safe than sorry, since most stores don't take kindly to refund inquiries when it comes to videogames.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 38 (1,524 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I just bought the FFX/FFX-2 bundle in Belgium a week ago. I wanted the hard copy since the memory storage requirements for both were pretty big, even though it was much cheAper on the Canadian Sony store (where my account is based). The physical version of FFX works fine, but was unable to redeem the voucher for FFX-2 since it was purchased in Belgium. The only requirements listed on the packaging (inside and out) for downloading were 3 GB of memory and an internet connection... Have been told by Sony to contact Square Enix for a region appropriate code, who then told me that Sony policy forbade it under any circumstances!
To sum up...
Hard copy is region free, but vouchers ARE region coded, and there is no way to know this until you try to redeem the voucher. The guy/gal in the store probably won't know this about the vouchers, so will tell you in good faith that it will work in all regions. A strange situation unique to a combined physical/voucher game release, I hope they don't do this with other titles!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 38 (1,495 Views)
0 Kudos