Games

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

24 Jun 2013
By: RenegadeXtreme MVP 4090 Posts
Level 9

GT6 Anniversary Edition - Pre-order details

14 Replies 2430 Views Created 24-06-2013

New details have been released on the PlayStation blog regarding the newly announced Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary Edition. What do we all think?

gt6

Hello everyone. It has been an exciting couple of months for fans of Gran Turismo. Firstly, at the 15th Anniversary Event this May, we confirmed that the forthcoming sixth iteration of Gran Turismo would be released Winter 2013. This very welcome news was followed by the unveiling at E3 of some of the new vehicles, locations and game innovations we can expect to see when Gran Turismo 6 arrives.

Hopefully adding to the sense of anticipation, I am very pleased to confirm the product and pre-order line ups that will be making their way to your local retailer very soon.

As you might expect, there will of course be a Standard Edition version of GT6, but this will be accompanied by a special, celebratory ‘Anniversary Edition’, which comes packed with extra content set to make your time with GT6 even more fun (and perhaps make you that little bit more competitive on the race track later this year).

Here’s the run-down of this special product, intended to celebrate 15 years of Gran Turismo’s relentless innovation and pursuit of (digital) automotive perfection.

GT6 AE_Steelbook_Mock Up_PEGI

• Special Polyphony designed 15th Anniversary Steelbook (what you see here is not the final pack design)
  • GT6 game
  • 1M in-game credits
  • 20 cars with special 15th Anniversary custom livery and performance enhancement
  • Custom paint chips, custom race suit, custom race helmet and custom avatars
  • Apex II, a brand new updated version of the Apex game guide

Completing the line up will be a PS3/GT6 bundle which will also include all of the Anniversary Edition content you see above here.

But the good stuff doesn’t end there – depending on your retail outlet, if you pre-order either edition, not only will you be one of the first on the GT6 starting grid, you could have the chance to pick up 1 million in game credits or a choose from the incredible range of 20 specially designed 15th Anniversary vehicles, with their custom livery and performance enhancement. There’s plenty on offer to whet the appetite – check out the list below:

• Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale (2011)
  • Alpine A110 1600S (1968)
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage (2010)
  • Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 (2012)
  • BMW Z4 GT3 (2011)
  • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) (2014)
  • Ford Focus ST (2013)
  • Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (2013)
  • Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) (2011)
  • KTM X-BOW R
  • Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (2011)
  • Lexus IS F Racing Concept (2008)
  • Lotus Europa (type54) (1968)
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 2011
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport (2013)
  • Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 Race Car (2011)
  • SRT Viper GTS (2013)
  • Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance (2013)
  • TRD 86 Racing (2008)
  • Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car (2008)

Images of the all the above cars will be unveiled very soon, but in the meantime feast your eyes on all of the loveliness on show in the GT6 E3 trailer below.

Source: EU Blog

Not sure if I want to order this. Or hold out to see if there will be any other edition. Will soon see I guess :smileyhappy:

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (2,430 Views)
Level 11

Re: GT6 Anniversary Edition - Pre-order details

shame there aren't any plans for a ps4 version (yet anyhow!)

soooo, if you had to pick one from those cars listed, which would you have? I'd go for the KTM X-BOW R I reckon, that'd be good fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (2,353 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

I think the, KTM X-BOW R, Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (2011), Lexus IS F Racing Concept (2008), and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 2011 stand out for me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (2,337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

mattsimmo wrote:
shame there aren't any plans for a ps4 version (yet anyhow!)

soooo, if you had to pick one from those cars listed, which would you have? I'd go for the KTM X-BOW R I reckon, that'd be good fun!

There are but its not priority at the moment.

79.99 euros / £67.95 for the Aniversary edition
69.99 euros / £59.46 for the standard
according to my XE Currency converter app!!!

Crikey Sony… don’t you know I’m already ordering a PS4 damn it. This is going to be a tough decision.

Hentis

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (2,324 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I'm definitely getting the 15th Anniversary Edition, though I'm not really happy with the fact that owning the special edition spoils the game on the very beginning by injecting 1.000.000 Credits out of the blue.. The extra 'cosmetic' in-game content is fine though as players may choose whether to use it or not.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (2,284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I have seen several posts on a well known GT website of people moaning that they are going to get the special edition but dont like the fact that they are getting the cars and the million credits. Really.... why get the pack then......  It makes no sense.

Personally I couldt give a monkeys left testicle. If I buy the special edition with the cars and the million credits bonus then its a fine by me. Like I did with the Signature edition I used as many cars as I could straight out of the box on as many events as I could. Im happy as I now in GT5 own all the premiums as well as I believe all of the Standards (although I picked up two more last week).  I own the Chromeline and Stealth versions and the normal versions of the cars.

What I would like to know is if the stealth and Chromeline cars from GT5 be included with GT6 in some form.  My tweet this over to Kaz in a mo. But first off lets ask Penrose perhaps he might be able to find out.

Regards

Hentis

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (2,250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Hentis escreveu:

I have seen several posts on a well known GT website of people moaning that they are going to get the special edition but dont like the fact that they are getting the cars and the million credits. Really.... why get the pack then......  It makes no sense.

Personally I couldt give a monkeys left testicle. If I buy the special edition with the cars and the million credits bonus then its a fine by me. Like I did with the Signature edition I used as many cars as I could straight out of the box on as many events as I could. Im happy as I now in GT5 own all the premiums as well as I believe all of the Standards (although I picked up two more last week).  I own the Chromeline and Stealth versions and the normal versions of the cars.

What I would like to know is if the stealth and Chromeline cars from GT5 be included with GT6 in some form.  My tweet this over to Kaz in a mo. But first off lets ask Penrose perhaps he might be able to find out.

Regards

Hentis

I can't answer for everybody but in my case, I'm buying it for the collection value, being Gran Turismo the very first video game I've played on my Playstation 1 back in the days, besides its not like Polyphony Digital doesn't deserve the money, their DLC is fairly priced (even though I barely pay for DLC at all) and they giveaway free stuff too every once in a while, not to mention that they don't abandon their games upon release. They are one of the very few developers remaining that haven't screwed loyal customers in the back.

I've also used the stealth and chromes early in the game due to excitment of waiting 6 years for a game and I was dieing to try it all out, but it kind of took away 'that magic' of working hard to be able to afford a proper car for every next race. I shall do things diferently this time, besides, for what I've read, the customer can choose between cars and in-game credits so I take it maybe they will come as redeem codes pretty much like the Stealths and Chromes, if that will be the case, I can always give away the 1.000.000Cr code to someone else or save it for later in game.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (2,228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Having all those cars and extra money from the start won't effect how I play the game. For GT5, I bought the Signature Edition. Yeah, I tried the Stealth and Chromeline cars in practice mode. But I never raced with them until the final stages of the game. So with GT6, I will do the same as with Gt5. Do the tests first. And buy a really cheap car that will give me a challenge. And go from there :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (2,208 Views)
Level 9

Excuse the mini bump :smileytongue: Has anyone seen this edition available to pre-order anywhere yet?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (1,982 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I ordered mine at game towards the end of last week. Hentis

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (1,974 Views)
0 Kudos